Dr. Mercola Organic Black Seed Oil 8.4oz
Manufacturer: Dr. Mercola
The research done to date on nigella sativa explains why black seed oil has been valued for so many years for countless conditions:
- Supports metabolic health - Studies show Nigella sativa may support normal glucose tolerance, intestinal glucose absorption, blood glucose levels already at healthy normal levels, andreduces appetite.
- Supports weight management - A meta-analysis of 11 studies found that Nigella sativa reduced body weight, body mass index, and waist circumference, compared to placebo groups, all without serious side effects.
- Supports balanced cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels already in the normal range - Studies with Nigella sativa comparing results of groups receiving a black seed oil supplement for an 8-week period versus those receiving a placebo found positive effects on both blood pressure and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.
- Supports cell health and an already normal inflammatory response - The TQ in black seed oil has been shown in multiple studies to affect the expression of cytokines and promotes an already normal inflammatory response.
- Supports liver health - Your liver works hard to protect your body from toxins and heavy metals like lead and mercury. In the process, these substances can harm your liver enzymes and damage your liver. A study showed positive effects on liver health with supplemental Nigella sativa.
- Supports respiratory health - Studies show Nigella sativa support respiratory and sinus health and may helprelieve congestion.
- Supports digestive health - The TQ in black seed oil has been found to have a gastroprotective effect in a recent study by supporting ahealthy inflammatory response and helping toprotect your stomach lining from insults. TQ also promotes nitric oxide production which supports mitochondrial health, as well as endothelial function and heart health by dilating your blood vessels.
- Supports brain health, cognitive function, and mood - In a study with rats, Nigella sativa improved learning and memory. This same study showed effects on mood as well. A nine-week human study with 20 elderly volunteers who received black seed oil twice daily instead of placebo showed significant improvement in tests to measure memory, attention and cognition.