Home / Shop
Celebration Herbals Horsetail Tea
Horsetail is one of the ancient herbs of the world. In the prehistoric period, it is believed to have grown to the size of pine trees; herbal lore tells us it may still exist in that form in the remote East Australian Rainforest. In the days of the settlers its tough stems were bunched together to make scouring pads. Today, only the tender young shoots are used for tea.
Horsetail is know by many names: Shavegrass, Scouring Rush, Bottlebrush and Pewterwort. It makes an excellent tea and is known among herbalists as "nature's scalpel."
Organic Horsetail Herb (Equisetum arvense)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!