Gotu Kola has been used in India and the islands of the Indian Ocean for centuries and is part of Ayurveda, the traditional herbal medicine native to the Indian subcontinent. It was also mentioned in the Shennong Herbal, a manuscript compiled in China about 2,000 years ago. This herb, which grows in tropical regions between sea level and 1,000 feet altitude, is known among herbalists as "food for the brain."
Organic Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!